EMDR Therapy & Somatic Experiencing
Sometimes when we feel overwhelmed and stressed out, it can be hard to be clear about which areas in our lives are the culprits of our increased stress symptoms. Below is a sample of a stress management questionnaire to help identify which parts of our daily lives are the most stressful. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, only truthful ones!
1. Time, energy, and money are all you have to give. Are you investing each one in work that you truly enjoy and satisfies you?
2. Are you usually able to stay in the "here and now" while you go about your daily living? Focusing on the task at hand keeps us from allowing thoughts about the past or future paralyze us.
3. Do you appreciate things like music, reading, nature, and personal relationships or are you overly focused on having money and material goods?
4. Are you forcing yourself to do things that increase your self confidence? (Hint: we become what we practice!)
5. Do you go to great lengths to create a peaceful environment?
Becoming more aware of stress and it's symptoms and learning appropriate ways to reduce and cope with it will allow each of us to have a more enjoyable life, work, and relationships!
If you find yourself recognizing areas that are increasing your stressed out feelings/symptoms and you don't know how to find relief or what you are currently doing to de-stress is not working, contact me for discovering ways to relax and build a toolbox of coping skills!
Deborah is a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist who is passionate about helping people discover his/her own true, authentic self.